Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What I Did On Summer Vacation

It may seem weird, but I took vacation time to go to school full-time.  In particular, to attend the summer session of Graphic Storytelling and Digital Rendering workshops offered at Max the Mutt Animation School.

Of course, at the same time I was doing this, I was also taking a couple of night classes through Toronto Cartoonists Workshop so I had my hands full. Full of pencils.

Awesome fun times. Sometimes frustrating and a little hand-cramp-inducing, but awesome fun times nonetheless.

 
For the record, if you ever have the chance to spend sixteen straight days doing nothing but what you love best, TAKE IT. For all of its intensity, this was the most restful vacation I've ever had.

 At this point, I've got the kernel of a fun story to tell.

So far, I haven't decided how I'm going to do the final renders, but here's the initial version. I haven't decided whether or not I like it the way it is, and I might redo this in regular pencil, instead of using grease pencil and going in with pen for the details (as shown).

I'm going to think about it, and get back to you on that.


Coming up next week - the creative process behind the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment